Friday, October 19, 2012

All is Well


Earthly life is temporary.Our souls are eternal. Read the words below of a hymn written about a Christian's coming death.

                                            "All is Well"

What's this that steals, that steals upon my frame? Is it death, is it death?
That soon will quench, will quench this mortal flame, is it death, is it death?
If this be death, I soon shall be from ev'ry pain and sorrow free,
I shall the King of glory see, All is well, all is well!

Weep not, my friends, my friends weep not for me, All is well, all is well!
My sins forgiv'n, forgiv'n and I am free, All is well, all is well!
There's not a cloud that doth arise, to hide my Jesus from my eyes,
I soon shall mount the upper skies, All is well, all is well!

Hark! Hark! My Lord, my Lord and Master's voice, calls away, calls away!
I soon shall see—enjoy my happy choice, Why delay, why delay?
Farewell, my friends, adieu, adieu, I can no longer stay with you,
My glitt'ring crown appears in view, All is well, all is well!

Christian, what a hope we have to look forward too!!! If you are not a Christian, do you have hope in death? If not, run to Christ. Run, do not delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment