Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Congregation Appreciation



“3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy…” Philippians 1:3-4

Dear Beloved,

Thank you so much for your generous appreciation this past Sunday. I am so grateful that the Lord has called me to serve you here at Park. I praise God for the privilege of being counted among you. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy. It is a true blessing to be your pastor.

Since you have shown your appreciation to me, please allow me to share some of the things that I appreciate about you. There are many things that I appreciate about this church and here is only a sampling:

I appreciate your love for the Lord Jesus Christ. I appreciate your desire to make His Name known among the nations. I appreciate your steadfast love and perseverance for Park Baptist Church. I appreciate your generous and giving spirit. I appreciate the countless hours of prayers offered on behalf of Park Baptist Church. I appreciate your love for me. I appreciate your love for my family. I appreciate your smiles and hugs. I appreciate your words of encouragement that strengthen my faith. I appreciate your heart for the sick and hurting in our midst. I appreciate your faith and prayers for our inactive members. I appreciate your joy to serve the church: everything from the nursery to visitation to fellowship. I appreciate your welcoming and friendly spirit. I appreciate your willingness to change for the sake of the gospel. I appreciate your food (y’all can cook). I appreciate your love for the Word of God. I appreciate your love for your own families. I appreciate your honesty and vulnerability in sharing your heart. I appreciate your faithfulness to Triune God.

Beloved, I love you and thank God for this church. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel. I am confident that He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the Day of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment