Thursday, January 2, 2014

New City Catechism

Beloved,

Happy New Year!! I pray the Lord continues to show you His kindness in this new year.  I am hopefully for you individually and hopefully for us as a congregation that we will continue to grow in the Lord in 2014.  One of the things that I want to be more intentional about is developing our congregation in the doctrines of the Lord.  To that end, I want to continue putting forward the question and answer catechism we started last year.  The New City Catechism  is a great resource for families to pass on God's Truth to the next generation.  My hope is that each week we will look at one of the questions together to ground us in sound doctrine so then, we can then share what we learn with our others including our families.  The website is full of resources, commentaries, videos, prayers that can enhance your study.  I hope to provide more insight into those questions and be a resource for you if you have any questions regarding the question for the week.

So check out the catechism here New City Catechism and my first attempt at the commentary below. You can also download the New City Catechism as an app or print our the pdf  Here

What is our only hope in life and death? That we are not are own, but belong, body and soul, in life and in death, to God and to our Savior Jesus Christ.



I am praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment