Friday, July 20, 2012

The Lord is Faithful

"I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89:1-2

Beloved,

The Lord is faithful. There are so many things in life that can cause us to worry and fear. Our country is getting more and more secular. Christianity is on the decline in our nation. The loudest voices are those that mock God and go against His Word. If we look with earthly eyes, we should be filled with
worry and fear. But the Lord is faithful. We have to trust His Word. The Lord is faithful and will remain faithful to his people. His love stands firm forever, He has established His faithfulness in heaven itself. Let us sing of the Lord’s great love and make known his faithfulness to all generations.

As a pastor, I am so thankful for our older members and how they model God’s faithfulness. It is so encouraging and humbling to see the faithfulness of senior saints as they care for their spouses through sickness and pain. It is encouraging because it gives me hope for the future of my own marriage and gives me a picture of what faithfulness looks like over a lifetime. It is humbling because I see the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ overflowing in acts of good deeds and mercy done with love and perseverance.

One of the blessings of having a multi-generational church is that we are able to see different pictures of faithfulness: from the faithfulness of our senior saints caring for an ailing spouse to the faithfulness of stay at home mothers showing grace to their children. All our faithfulness is picture of the faithfulness of our great God. Let us look to each other’s faithfulness for strength in our own faithfulness. “Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near” (Hebrews 10:24-25). Remember that we can make known the faithfulness of God by showing faithfulness in our own life.

Beloved, I thank you for your faithfulness because it is stirring me up to love and good works. I have seen faithfulness in our church. I know our Lord is faithful. I pray our faithfulness will grow more and more to the glory and praise of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment