Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Struggle of Progress

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. (Psalm 32:8)

Beloved,

 Frederick Douglas said, “If there is no struggle, then there is no progress.” Most people love progress, but few people like the struggle it takes to get that progress. Change is difficult and can be very hard to accept. And yet regardless how we feel about change, we all know that change is inevitable. How can we handle the struggle that leads to progress? Where do we turn to process the change?

The Lord spoke through King David in Psalm 32:8, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” Regardless of the changes we will face, we know that the Lord will be there to guide us and instruct through His Word.  What a sweet and precious promise to know that our great God will always be there to guide us!! Even though our world is constantly changing, we must always remember that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Beloved, I strongly believe that we are at a critical moment for our church. Our nation is changing, but I am not afraid. I am excited how God is going to use these changes to draw us together as a church. I am excited that we get to serve together with the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever.” I am excited to see God bring glory to His name through Park Baptist Church. I want us to be an exemplary church; a church that displays the manifold wisdom of God to rulers and authorities in heavenly places.  


No comments:

Post a Comment