Thursday, March 21, 2013

Amazing Love!!



“But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5

Beloved,

On Sunday May 21st, 1738 Charles Wesley at the age of 31 wrote in his journal, “I now found myself at peace with God, and rejoiced in the hope of loving Christ.  I saw that by faith I stood.”  Two days later Wesley started to write a hymn about his conversion.  We do not know for sure which one of his hymns he started to write, but most historians believe it was our song of the month, “And, Can It Be?”
Stop for a minute and think about your own conversion. Do you remember when God saved you?  Listen to the 4th verse:

Long my imprisoned spirit lay, fast bound in sin and nature’s night; Thine eye diffused a quickening ray—I woke, the dungeon flamed with light; My chains fell off, my heart was set free, I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

What beautiful imagery!! Our chains have fallen off and our hearts have been set free.  The Lord has set us from the bondage of sin and death.  He called us and we rose went forth and followed Him.  God has saved us in Jesus Christ.

Beloved, as God has saved you, he will save others. Please pray for God to open blind eyes and free enslaved hearts.  Pray specifically for family members and neighbors who do not know Jesus to come to hear the message of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead this Easter.  The resurrection changes everything.  Jesus Christ has overcome the grave for you and for others who will trust in Him.  Rejoice in your conversion and pray that as God saved you, he will save others.  God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God should die for me?

In Christ,

Pastor Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment