Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Lord Rejoices Over Us


“The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17



Beloved,

In 2003, I asked Ellen to take a road trip with me to the Midwest over the summer.  We were still just friends, but we both knew that his trip would be the official start of our relationship. The night before the trip, Ellen’s roommate walked in to find her packing AND singing. She was so excited to be with me that she couldn’t stop from singing.  By God’s grace, my wife is still singing.  My wife loves me.  Her love gives me strength and courage.  The love of my wife is one of my most cherished possessions in the entire world.  Her love is a precious gift from a kind and generous God.

Her joy and love for me continues to amaze and astound me.  My wife’s joyful love is a model of the joyful love of our gracious and loving God.  In the same way, do you know that the Lord rejoices over you with loud singing? He is so excited to save that he cannot stop singing over us. The Lord is mighty to save AND he also loves to save.  He will exult over us with loud singing.  The Lord does not save us because he has too; He saves us because He delights in saving his people.  He rejoices over us with loud singing.  Our God is passionately in love with his people.  He delights in salvation.

His delight in singing over us is why we should respond in loud singing back to Him during our worship. Music is a gift from God to express our emotions for our great salvation in Jesus Christ.  Praise God that we get to sing of his saving love together every Sunday.   Beloved, be encourage that our great and powerful God, rejoices over us with gladness and exults over us with loud singing.  Let us respond in kind. Let us make a joyful noise to the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment