Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Do you have beautiful feet?



And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10:15

Beloved,

When was the last time you told someone about Jesus? Sharing the gospel can be hard. Listen to the wise counsel of this seasoned pastor:

"I began this year with a desire to be a better personal evangelist. So, what’s happening with that desire?     Well, I think I’m learning (again!) two vital lessons.

First, desiring something ain’t the same thing as doing something. Not by a long shot. And while I know that sounds like a rather obvious thing to say, in my case it needs saying. Desire has to be translated into specific plans and actions. I’m looking up nearly 30 days after expressing that desire and only once have I personally shared the gospel with someone. Aaaargh!!!

Second, I’m learning again that faithful evangelism requires putting to death the fear of man. Will I ever stop having that halting tightness in my chest? Will those hesitation-inducing thoughts of rejection and offense ever fade away? You know, probably not. I’m likely to always feel some hesitation and some fear of man when it comes to evangelism. But what am I going to do? Not share the greatest news the world has ever received? No. I’m going to remember Romans 1:16, Philemon 6, and Hebrews 10:38-39, and other such texts which encourage, admonish, promise, and guide.[1] "

It may always be hard to share the gospel. The fear of man may grip your heart, but we must share the greatest news the world has ever received. Be encouraged that you are not the only one who struggles with the fear of man. But also be encouraged to overcome that fear by doing what you desire for how beautiful are the feet that bring good news!!


In Christ,

Pastor Dave


[1] http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/thabitianyabwile/2013/01/29/only-once-in-about-30-days/

No comments:

Post a Comment